What I Ate Wednesday…I’m Back!

by admin on January 15, 2013

I think it has been over a few months that I have participated in WIAW. Since I had some pretty delicious eats + a new slow cooker recipe to try out + a DELISH sweet treat, why not share! Random thought: do you realize that the sun has not come out since Friday??? I realize it, because this girl thrives on sunshine. This weather is gross, but it did not stop me from hitting the pavement early this morning. Wake up…Get up…Chug coffee…GO! 6 1/2 miles later I was DONE and it was a great way to start the day. Definitely not the prettiest of pictures (look at those bags under my eyes. ICK!), but it is my PROOF! After my run, I met a good friend for coffee; tackled clients; did a few hours of work at home; more clients; then dinner and desert! So let’s take a quick peak of my eats…

BeFunky_photo 2

Thanks Jenn for always hosting WIAW and have a fabulous day!

Breakfast:

Coffee + Strawberry Stuffed and Topped Protein Pancakes with Crazy Richard’s Crunchy PBBeFunky_photo 1

BeFunky_photo 3

Lunch:

Tuna Melt with Roasted Kale Chips and Cherry TomatoesBeFunky_photo 4

Dinner:

Sweet Potato Lentil Soup + Cheese + Wheat Thins

photo-373

Desert:

Cream Cheese Coffee CakeBeFunky_photo-374

How many nights a week do you treat yourself to something sweet?

p5rn7vb

{ 37 comments… read them below or add one }

Sarah January 15, 2013 at 9:30 pm

All of your eats look sooo yummy!! That coffee cake looks amazing!! I am with you on feeling deprived of sun! It totally sucks the energy right out of me when it is grey so many days in a row!! Ugh! P.S — I am going to be sending you a new hat! ;)

admin January 16, 2013 at 7:40 am

HA! Don’t even try to convert this Yankee fan. My Mom hopes one of us will marry Derek Jeter. LOL! All us Uhran girls can dream. PS: Today is looking especially gorgeous outside. BLECH!

Meg @ A Dash of Meg January 15, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Ohhhh I love your kale and tomato combo for lunch!!!!!! :)

admin January 16, 2013 at 7:41 am

I love cherry tomatoes and almost burned all of the kale. It was still good, but kind of liked how it almost turned purple. Hope you are doing well! XOXO

Kerry January 16, 2013 at 2:06 am

Great eats, i LOOOVE coffee cake! I’ve recently found your blog and love it, i’m trying to get back in shape after having my daughter 10 weeks ago! Your blog is so helpful :)

xx

admin January 16, 2013 at 7:42 am

I am so glad that you like my blog! Our family friend makes that coffee cake every year for Christmas. Since I was on sugar overload, I froze it finally dug into it last night. It was GOOD! :)

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean January 16, 2013 at 5:56 am

sweet potato lentil soup = right up my alley!!!

admin January 16, 2013 at 7:42 am

I knew you would approve! :) This recipe was AWESOME and I have tons of leftovers. High-Fives!

Laura January 16, 2013 at 6:37 am

yum! Your meals look delish! I personally allow myself something sweet everyday! Dark chocolate is a staple in my diet ;) Otherwise I feel deprived… it makes life a lot sweeter :)

admin January 16, 2013 at 7:43 am

Dark chocolate or any kind of chocolate makes life better! I like the way you think. Have a fabulous day!

Miz January 16, 2013 at 7:41 am

annd you reminded me:-)
IM OUT OF KALE!!

Bess @ Bess Be Fit January 16, 2013 at 8:51 am

Girl you have inspired me to make some cozy soup for dinner tonight!! With this weather in NJ right now, it’s perfect!

Claire @ Flake and Cake January 16, 2013 at 9:06 am

Ooo I’m such a coffee cake fan! So good as dessert! :)

admin January 16, 2013 at 9:34 am

I heated it up a little bit in the oven and it gave the outside a nice little crunch. :) Homemade coffee cake is the BEST! Have a fabulous day!

Sunnie@ModerngirlNutrition January 16, 2013 at 9:13 am

Yum! Everything looks sooo good- I can’t wait to try that PB!

admin January 16, 2013 at 12:51 pm

It’s a good one and they are reasonably prices as well, which is always a plus. And the only ingredients listed on the bottle: PEANUTS. Awesome!

Kierston January 16, 2013 at 10:49 am

All I can say is…Y.U.M.

admin January 16, 2013 at 12:51 pm

I would have to agree with that! XOXO

kalli January 16, 2013 at 2:06 pm

ummmmm there are no bags beautiful! and your food-swoon :)

admin January 16, 2013 at 4:09 pm

HA! Pasty and bags, I was a hot mess, but it was a awesome run. :) Hope you are staying “warm” out in CA this week! XOXO

AmyC January 16, 2013 at 2:30 pm

I always have something sweet, but sometimes it’s good for me too (watermelon, yogurt…) It’s the salty snacks that I have to keep under control!

admin January 16, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I agree. The salt is so much harder to control. Glad that you treat yourself with both good and not so good…

Ellie@Fit for the Soul January 16, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Such good stuff here! I like the sound of that cream cheese coffee cake~and the lentil soup looks delish. I always eat (mostly) whatever I want in moderation so I’m good with eating a piece of chocolate candy here and there, or some cake or cookie, or a few spoons of ice cream at night. ;) It’s the best way to go in my opinion!

admin January 16, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Moderation is KEY when it comes to most things in life, but once in a while a good splurge is needed. ;) Thanks for stopping by!

Adrienne @ Happy Ramblings January 16, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Your eats look awesome! Especially that soup, I’ve been on a big sweet potato kick lately, how did you make that?

admin January 16, 2013 at 4:12 pm

OMG it was so good. I will post the recipe sometime this week or next. Make sure to check back…THANKS!

Olivia @ Liv Lives Life January 16, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Yum, your lunch looks delicious, as does the coffee cake!
I treat myself to something sweet daily, but it’s usually a Dove dark chocolate. When I have something bigger, like fro yo or cookies, I’ll treat myself once a week. :-)

admin January 16, 2013 at 7:22 pm

I treat myself to a sweet treat 1-2 times a week and it’s either chocolate, cookies, or a cupcake. HA! I have a serious sweet tooth and there are way too many yummy cupcakes that need to be tasted. Right? ;)

Kammie @ Sensual Appeal January 16, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Oh wow, all of your food looks scrumptious! So so good :)
The idea for a strawberry stuffed pancake just blew my mind too.

admin January 16, 2013 at 7:21 pm

HA! Any pancake stuffed with fruit is always amazing. But then again, that’s just me. Oh and don’t forget the PB…Obviously! ;)

Kim @ AQuietCouple January 16, 2013 at 6:58 pm

I just did my first #WIAW blog post today – http://bit.ly/V5Y85A. I loved going through yours and seeing the tasty things you enjoyed today. I usually treat myself to some sort of dessert, and it’s usually something sweet. I have been trying a bit more lately to find more healthy dessert options, since I DO want to treat myself a little each day!

admin January 16, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Dark Chocolate is a good treat that is a bit more healthy if you are looking for something sweet! Glad you joined the #WIAW party! It’s a fun group and even better to food gawk at everyone’s awesome eats. Enjoy!

Eating 4 Balance January 16, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Oh gosh that cream cheese coffee cake looks fantastic. Great way to end the day!

I love using a slower cooker to make supper! It’s so convenient :)

admin January 17, 2013 at 7:32 am

I will have to tell our family friend all the compliments she is receiving from her coffee cake. :) It’s so good, but she only makes it once a year for XMas. It’s a nice treat. Thanks for stopping by!

Katie @ Live Half Full January 18, 2013 at 9:46 pm

That soup looks awesome! Where did you get the recipe?

admin January 19, 2013 at 7:08 am

I will post the recipe this weekend! It’s healthy, delicious, simple ingredients, and pretty darn tasty! :)

Katie @ Live Half Full January 19, 2013 at 1:47 pm