A Simple Weekend…

by admin on December 16, 2012

In a time when life doesn’t seem to make sense, there is a lot of chaos, sadness, stress, anger, and uncertainty as to what lies ahead, I think it is important to focus on the “simple things”. This weekend has been about taking a step back, disconnecting, reflecting, and focusing on the “simple things” that really matter in life. I saw this on Lululemon’s website this morning and it made me smile:

144748575493949595_1nl8JnaA_b How to take a 404 asana:
  1. Unplug your computer
  2. Open the door and go outside
  3. Move your arms and legs in any direction

Here’s how I “simplified” my weekend:

Simple Workout: Even though it was a chilly Saturday morning, the sun was shining and I was up early for Mommy Boot Camp! I kept the workout simple, but effective. Instead of throwing new moves in, we worked on the basics. Just like in yoga, sometimes slowing the movements down and working from ground up can sometimes be the hardest, and most challenging workouts.

Simple Coffee: Meeting a wonderful friend for a delicious and simple cup of coffee. The Artist Baker was like walking into Mom’s kitchen. Comfy, cozy, fresh-baked cakes and treats, and only 3 coffee options (coffee, cafe au lait, and chai latte). LOVE THAT!BeFunky_photo 3

Simple Outdoor Activities: I took the dogs for a two simple afternoon walks this weekend. I needed to soak up my Vitamin D, the fresh air, and enjoy the peacefulness of the outdoors. Walking the dogs has become such a nice treat for me in between clients. It also allows me to disconnect and just MOVE.BeFunky_photo 2

Simple Yoga Pose: I have done 3 days of yoga this weekend. All of them were taught by different instructors and all were challenging, detoxifying, and empowering. Am I tired? You better believe it. So it comes to no surprise that my favorite pose was Savasana or otherwise known as “corpse pose”. To me this pose felt simple. It allowed me to relax, do NOTHING, and just breathe. When I first started practicing yoga, I used to dread this time of class, now I embrace it.

Simple Ingredients: With only 2 days left until my photo shoot in NYC I have been eating so well and simple! Fresh vegetables, protein, fruits, and a lot of almonds have been staples in my recipes this weekend. I’m pretty impressed with what I have whipped together, because real food should taste good. You just have to experiment! It is paying off and can see a difference in my body! Trust me though, I am looking forward to treat myself as soon as the shoot is over!

Simple Gesture: Smile! And try to smile more often, because it feels good and it is contagious. A simple smile can change your day anyone else who you come in contact with. Maybe even throw in a high-five too! 222857881530182585_7k6QU1c0_cSimple Treat: I love how the fabulous Marney has not only become an incredible friend, but she also is always treating me to her latest cooking creations. I was wonderfully surprised before yoga on Saturday night, that she brought with her Harry and David pears, that she couldn’t finish herself, but also her newest Power Bites/Sprinkles! A simple treat and gesture that made my night!BeFunky_photo-362

It was nice to disconnect this weekend and enjoy the “simple things” in life. I find myself spending way too much time on the computer and it is important to step away. With a busy Monday planned; the photo shoot on Tuesday; and lots of projects to tackle this week; I feel ready to tackle the week and remember to enjoy the “simple things” now more than ever! Have a fabulous Monday!

What is one “simple thing” you did this weekend?

{ 16 comments… read them below or add one }

Krysten Siba Bishop (@darwinianfail) December 17, 2012 at 6:38 am

LOVE THIS!!! So simple but sometimes we need a reminder

admin December 17, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Thank you! Simple is oh so good and it’s very nice to be reminded, whether planned or unplanned. XOXO

jenna December 17, 2012 at 6:56 am

simple is so important! once simple i did this weekend was have a lunch date with my mom! much needed and much fun! have a great monday! spa <3

admin December 17, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Lunch dates with Mom are always a good thing! It is simple, but such a wonderful way to spend your afternoon. Glad you enjoyed it! XOXO

Kierston December 17, 2012 at 8:52 am

I’m all over this.

admin December 17, 2012 at 9:03 pm

YEAH! I’m so glad you liked it. Hope you are having a fabulous start to the new week! XOXO

Bess @ Bess Be Fit December 17, 2012 at 9:25 am

I took 3 hot yoga classes this weekend too. I was exhausted at class yesterday and loved finally coming into savasana.

admin December 17, 2012 at 9:03 pm

ME TOO! I enjoyed every second. We need to meet up soon. Maybe after the holidays and take a yoga class together…

Jenny@thewellnessjourneyblog December 17, 2012 at 10:44 am

Just stumbled upon your blog and I love it so far!

What a great post with a great message!

This weekend I honored our Vets and a Wreaths Across America ceremony, and I went ice skating with my “baby girl” (she’s 9)

admin December 17, 2012 at 9:05 pm

So glad that you stumbled upon my blog! :) That ceremony sounds wonderful and I’m sure it was very emotional, but heart warming. Gosh I haven’t gone ice skating in a LONG time. ;)

kalli December 17, 2012 at 1:44 pm

oh i love this post! so very true……i did some simple things too and feel rejuvinated this monday morning instead of exhausted from a busy weekend :)

admin December 17, 2012 at 9:07 pm

So glad you felt fresh this morning! Were you able to get a nice run this morning? Hope you had a fabulous day! XOXO

jen December 17, 2012 at 2:26 pm

i literally JUST pressed publish on a post titled “the simple stuff” and then scrolled through my reader and saw this post from you. looks like we’re all needing simplicity right now, huh?

i love the lulu 404 asana. so cute!

admin December 17, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Simplicity felt so wonderful this weekend on so many levels. I need to do it more often. It looks like our weekends were very similar, awesome, and refreshing. I hope you had a great Monday! PS: I need that piece of carrot cake ASAP!

Whitney @ Yoga Pancake December 17, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Love focusing on the simple things. This weekend I went to the movies with my mom and sister and it was awesome. It feels so good to be living in the same city as them for once and we can now spend time together.

admin December 17, 2012 at 9:09 pm

That sounds wonderful and glad that you have family close by. I lived out west for 10 years and one of the reasons I came back was to be closer to my family. It is so important to surround yourself with loved ones. Hope you had a great Monday! XOXO